So I just lost 10 hours of work?
The Road Is Fuckin’ Hard
Lyle McKeany wrote a blog post about how difficult and truly expensive life on the road for a touring band can be. You can read the full piece here and a snippet of the article below after the jump.
Number of problems with these expenses.
1. Don’t be a bitch and get a bus.
2. Drive your own fucking van
3. Be your own tour manager/sound
4. Equipment repair/instrument maintenance is $80 a day? ARE YOU REPLACING YOUR TUBES EVERY 5 DAYS?! I can literally only think of breaking strings, and picks as a necessity, and if you REALLY wanna make the argument string cleaner and something to wipe ofF the body. No way you need that much money. That’s the biggest bullshit on here.
5. Guitar and bass tech fall underneath the above, why are you not knowing enough about your equipment to do that yourself?
6. They could buy a trailer for how much they are renting one for. Literally buy one, for every tour they’ll have after.
7. $2,100 to clean a bus? Give my band that and we’ll hit the road for two months of house shows.
8. That insurance price also seems, REALLY high.
9. This is a bunch of bullshit.
10. DIY or Die.